DID YOU KNOW, IN IOWA:
- There are more than 900 children living in foster care whose parental rights have been terminated who are waiting to be adopted?
- Adoptive parents do NOT always have equal benefit rights as birth parents in the workplace?
- Hundreds of people are victims of adoption fraud every year?
WORKING TOGETHER FOR IOWA ADOPTION
We need your help to:
- Raise awareness and provide education for adoption.
- Improve Iowa policies to make all types of adoption simpler for everyone involved.
- Create laws making it a fraudulent act to operate adoption scams in Iowa.
- Promote equality for families in the workplace (birth parents may receive parental leave for bonding with their child, but in the VERY SAME workplace adoptive parents do not always receive similar benefits).
- Increase the number of children who are adopted from foster care.
- Organize adoption-related events (Gingerbread Run/Walk for Adoption, conferences, support groups for adopted youth, birth moms, and adoptive parents, etc.).
We are dedicated to protecting families and children. Iowa’s adoption system is good but it can be better. Adoption Advocates of Iowa needs your help to improve adoption and families.
WHO WE ARE:
We are a group of passionate people who are adoptees, birth parents, adoptive parents, adoption professionals and friends of adoption. Just like you, we care about Iowa families.
We advocate for action to strengthen adoption services in Iowa by:
- Studying the needs to improve adoption services (e.g., legal, processes),
- Educating others about all facets of adoption,
- Proposing legislative solutions to meet these needs,
- Tracking legislative proposals,
- Collaborating with others, and
- Organizing statewide initiatives for support, networking, education, publicity, change, etc.
Please join us to help Iowa’s children and families!!
Visit our Facebook page at: