Thank you for supporting the first Iowans for Adoption Banquet!
Location: Glen Oaks Country Club
1401 Glen Oaks Dr
West Des Moines, IA 50266
Date: Thursday, September 28th
Time: 5:00 to 9:00 p.m.
The program will begin at 5:40 p.m. so please arrive no later than 5:30 p.m.
Program to include:
• Speakers including Erin Kiernan, WHO-TV 13 News Anchor, and Myron Linn, Deputy Director of Iowa Workforce Development
• Silent Auction
• Cash Bar
Iowans for Adoption is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization.
Tax ID: 45-2045525
Proceeds from this event will be used for:
– Grants to Iowa families who are adopting children
– Creating additional adoption educational materials and curricula for statewide use
To date, we have successfully:
– Worked collaboratively with individuals, policymakers, and legislators across the state to enact more stringent laws to reduce adoption fraud in Iowa
– Paid for more than 100 registrations and shirts for youth who are in foster care to attend The Gingerbread Run/Walk for Adoption events
– Created and disseminated adoption educational materials to increase the number of children who are adopted from foster care and to educate the public about the adoption processes
– Raised awareness of adoption and foster care via presentations, radio, newspaper, and television news stories, social media, etc.
– We continue to work collaboratively with individuals, policymakers, researchers, scholars, and legislators to help improve the well-being of children and families in Iowa in regards to adoption, foster care, and parenting education
All Iowans for Adoption Board Members are volunteers who work to fulfill:
Our Mission- To promote adoption through education, research, and collaboration.
Our Vision- To serve as a networking and advocacy forum for those who value and support adoption and to support all members of the adoption triad. Promote adoption as a preventative measure for improving children’s and families’ overall well- being.
Tables of 10 for $450
Single ticket for $50