The National Center for Adoption & Iowans for Adoption are a passionate group of volunteers who dedicate their time, talents, and resources to promoting adoption through education, research, publicity, and collaboration. We welcome all volunteers, donors, and advocates to join us in our efforts. Please visit our Get Involved page to find out how you can help.
We serve as a networking and advocacy group to promote the options of adoption and parenting to improve children’s and families’ overall well-being. We provide free materials, resources, and speaking engagements to educate others about all aspects of adoption.
We welcome you to enter your adoption story and questions by visiting our Share your story link for adoptive family members, adopted individuals, birth family members, and those interested in adoption-related issues.
To date, we have successfully:
- Worked collaboratively with individuals, policymakers, and legislators across the state to enact more stringent laws to reduce adoption fraud in Iowa
- Paid for more than 100 registrations and shirts for youth who are in foster care to attend The Gingerbread Run/Walk for Adoption events
- Created and disseminated adoption educational materials to increase the number of children who are adopted from foster care and to educate the public about the adoption processes
- Raised awareness of adoption and foster care via presentations, radio, newspaper, and television news stories, social media, etc.
- Collaborated with individuals, policymakers, researchers, scholars, and legislators to help improve the well-being of children and families in Iowa in regards to adoption, foster care, and parenting education